Presence of other devices Z97
- Z97 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Z97 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z97 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z97 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- complications of internal prosthetic devices, implants and grafts (T82-T85)
- fitting and adjustment of prosthetic and other devices (Z44-Z46)
- presence of cerebrospinal fluid drainage device (Z98.2)
Codes: = Billable
Z97 Presence of other devices
- Z97.0 Presence of artificial eye
- Z97.1 Presence of artificial limb (complete) (partial)
- Z97.2 Presence of dental prosthetic device (complete) (partial)
- Z97.3 Presence of spectacles and contact lenses
- Z97.4 Presence of external hearing-aid
- Z97.5 Presence of (intrauterine) contraceptive device
- Z97.8 Presence of other specified devices
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.