Acquired absence of limb Z89
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Acquired absence of limb" is "Z89". Z89 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- Z89 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Z89 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z89 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z89 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes: Includes:
- amputation status
- postprocedural loss of limb
- post-traumatic loss of limb
Codes: = Billable
Z89 Acquired absence of limb
- Z89.0 Acquired absence of thumb and other finger(s)
- Z89.1 Acquired absence of hand and wrist
- Z89.2 Acquired absence of upper limb above wrist
- Z89.4 Acquired absence of toe(s), foot, and ankle
- Z89.5 Acquired absence of leg below knee
- Z89.6 Acquired absence of leg above knee
- Z89.9 Acquired absence of limb, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.