Malingerer [conscious simulation] Z76.5
- Z76.5 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Z76.5 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z76.5 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z76.5 may differ.
- Person feigning illness (with obvious motivation)
Codes: = Billable
Z76 Persons encountering health services in other circumstances
- Z76.5 Malingerer [conscious simulation]
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.