Encounter for immunization Z23
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Encounter for immunization" is "Z23". Z23 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- Z23 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Z23 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z23 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z23 may differ.
- procedure codes are required to identify the types of immunizations given
- any routine childhood examination
Codes: = Billable
Z23 Encounter for immunization
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.