Retained foreign body fragments Z18
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Retained foreign body fragments" is "Z18". Z18 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- Z18 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Z18 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z18 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z18 may differ.
- artificial joint prosthesis status (Z96.6-)
- foreign body accidentally left during a procedure (T81.5-)
- foreign body entering through orifice (T15-T19)
- in situ cardiac device (Z95.-)
- organ or tissue replaced by means other than transplant (Z96.-, Z97.-)
- organ or tissue replaced by transplant (Z94.-)
- personal history of retained foreign body fully removed Z87.821
- superficial foreign body (non-embedded splinter) - code to superficial foreign body, by site
- embedded fragment (status)
- embedded splinter (status)
- retained foreign body status
Codes: = Billable
- Z18 Retained foreign body fragments
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.