Extended spectrum beta lactamase (ESBL) resistance Z16.12
- Z16.12 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Z16.12 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z16.12 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z16.12 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes:
- Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in diseases classified elsewhere (B95.62)
Codes: = Billable
Z16 Resistance to antimicrobial drugs
Z16.1 Resistance to beta lactam antibiotics
- Z16.12 Extended spectrum beta lactamase (ESBL) resistance
- Z16.1 Resistance to beta lactam antibiotics
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.