The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Terrorism" is "Y38". Y38 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- Y38 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y38 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y38 - other international versions of ICD-10 Y38 may differ.
- These codes are for use to identify injuries resulting from the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objective
- code for place of occurrence (Y92.-)
Codes: = Billable
- Y38.0 Terrorism involving explosion of marine weapons
- Y38.1 Terrorism involving destruction of aircraft
- Y38.2 Terrorism involving other explosions and fragments
- Y38.3 Terrorism involving fires, conflagration and hot substances
- Y38.4 Terrorism involving firearms
- Y38.5 Terrorism involving nuclear weapons
- Y38.6 Terrorism involving biological weapons
- Y38.7 Terrorism involving chemical weapons
- Y38.8 Terrorism involving other and unspecified means
- Y38.9 Terrorism, secondary effects
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.