Military operations Y37
- Y37 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y37 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y37 - other international versions of ICD-10 Y37 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- military aircraft involved in aircraft accident with civilian aircraft (V97.81-)
- military vehicles involved in transport accident with civilian vehicle (V09.01, V09.21, V19.81, V29.81, V39.81, V49.81, V59.81, V69.81, V79.81)
- military watercraft involved in water transport accident with civilian watercraft (V94.81-)
- war operations (Y36.-)
- injuries to military personnel and civilians occurring during peacetime on military property and during routine military exercises and operations
Codes: = Billable
Y37 Military operations
- Y37.0 Military operations involving explosion of marine weapons
- Y37.1 Military operations involving destruction of aircraft
- Y37.2 Military operations involving other explosions and fragments
- Y37.3 Military operations involving fires, conflagrations and hot substances
- Y37.4 Military operations involving firearm discharge and other forms of conventional warfare
- Y37.5 Military operations involving nuclear weapons
- Y37.6 Military operations involving biological weapons
- Y37.7 Military operations involving chemical weapons and other forms of unconventional warfare
- Y37.9 Other and unspecified military operations
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.