Operations of war Y36
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Operations of war" is "Y36". Y36 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- Y36 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y36 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y36 - other international versions of ICD-10 Y36 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- injury to military personnel occurring during peacetime military operations (Y37.-)
- military vehicles involved in transport accidents with non-military vehicle during peacetime (V09.01, V09.21, V19.81, V29.81, V39.81, V49.81, V59.81, V69.81, V79.81)
- injuries to military personnel and civilians caused by war, civil insurrection, and peacekeeping missions
Codes: = Billable
Y36 Operations of war
- Y36.0 War operations involving explosion of marine weapons
- Y36.1 War operations involving destruction of aircraft
- Y36.2 War operations involving other explosions and fragments
- Y36.3 War operations involving fires, conflagrations and hot substances
- Y36.4 War operations involving firearm discharge and other forms of conventional warfare
- Y36.5 War operations involving nuclear weapons
- Y36.6 War operations involving biological weapons
- Y36.7 War operations involving chemical weapons and other forms of unconventional warfare
- Y36.8 War operations occurring after cessation of hostilities
- Y36.9 Other and unspecified war operations
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.