Legal intervention Y35
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Legal intervention" is "Y35". Y35 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- Y35 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y35 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y35 - other international versions of ICD-10 Y35 may differ.
- any injury sustained as a result of an encounter with any law enforcement official, serving in any capacity at the time of the encounter, whether on-duty or off-duty. Includes: injury to law enforcement official, suspect and bystander
Codes: = Billable
Y35 Legal intervention
- Y35.0 Legal intervention involving firearm discharge
- Y35.1 Legal intervention involving explosives
- Y35.2 Legal intervention involving gas
- Y35.3 Legal intervention involving blunt objects
- Y35.4 Legal intervention involving sharp objects
- Y35.8 Legal intervention involving other specified means
- Y35.9 Legal intervention, means unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.