Assault by unspecified means Y09
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Assault by unspecified means" is "Y09". Y09 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- Y09 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Y09 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y09 - other international versions of ICD-10 Y09 may differ.
- Assassination (attempted) NOS
- Homicide (attempted) NOS
- Manslaughter (attempted) NOS
- Murder (attempted) NOS
Codes: = Billable
Y09 Assault by unspecified means
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.