Foreign body or object entering through skin W45
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Foreign body or object entering through skin" is "W45". W45 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- W45 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM W45 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W45 - other international versions of ICD-10 W45 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes:
- contact with hand tools (nonpowered) (powered) (W27-W29)
- contact with other sharp object(s) (W26.-)
- contact with sharp glass (W25.-)
- struck by objects (W20-W22)
- foreign body or object embedded in skin
- nail embedded in skin
Codes: = Billable
- W45 Foreign body or object entering through skin
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.