Striking against or struck by sports equipment W21
- W21 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM W21 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W21 - other international versions of ICD-10 W21 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
Codes: = Billable
W21 Striking against or struck by sports equipment
- W21.0 Struck by hit or thrown ball
- W21.1 Struck by bat, racquet or club
- W21.2 Struck by hockey stick or puck
- W21.3 Struck by sports foot wear
- W21.4 Striking against diving board
- W21.8 Striking against or struck by other sports equipment
- W21.9 Striking against or struck by unspecified sports equipment
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.