Fall, jump or diving into water W16
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Fall, jump or diving into water" is "W16". W16 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- W16 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM W16 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W16 - other international versions of ICD-10 W16 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- accidental non-watercraft drowning and submersion not involving fall (W65-W74)
- effects of air pressure from diving (W94.-)
- fall into water from watercraft (V90-V94)
- hitting an object or against bottom when falling from watercraft (V94.0)
- striking or hitting diving board (W21.4)
Codes: = Billable
W16 Fall, jump or diving into water
- W16.0 Fall into swimming pool
- W16.1 Fall into natural body of water
- W16.2 Fall in (into) filled bathtub or bucket of water
- W16.3 Fall into other water
- W16.4 Fall into unspecified water
- W16.5 Jumping or diving into swimming pool
- W16.6 Jumping or diving into natural body of water
- W16.7 Jumping or diving from boat
- W16.8 Jumping or diving into other water
- W16.9 Jumping or diving into unspecified water
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.