- T68 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T68 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T68 - other international versions of ICD-10 T68 may differ.
- Accidental hypothermia
- Hypothermia NOS
- code to identify source of exposure:
- Exposure to excessive cold of man-made origin (W93)
- Exposure to excessive cold of natural origin (X31)
- hypothermia following anesthesia (T88.51)
- hypothermia not associated with low environmental temperature (R68.0)
- hypothermia of newborn (P80.-)
- frostbite (T33-T34)
Codes: = Billable
- T68 Hypothermia
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.