Toxic effect of noxious substances eaten as seafood T61
- T61 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T61 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T61 - other international versions of ICD-10 T61 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- allergic reaction to food, such as:
- anaphylactic reaction or shock due to adverse food reaction (T78.0-)
- bacterial foodborne intoxications (A05.-)
- dermatitis (L23.6, L25.4, L27.2)
- food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome (K52.21)
- food protein-induced enteropathy (K52.22)
- gastroenteritis (noninfective) (K52.29)
- toxic effect of aflatoxin and other mycotoxins (T64)
- toxic effect of cyanides (T65.0-)
- toxic effect of harmful algae bloom (T65.82-)
- toxic effect of hydrogen cyanide (T57.3-)
- toxic effect of mercury (T56.1-)
- toxic effect of red tide (T65.82-)
Codes: = Billable
- T61 Toxic effect of noxious substances eaten as seafood
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.