Burns classified according to extent of body surface involved T31
- T31 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T31 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T31 - other international versions of ICD-10 T31 may differ.
- This category is to be used as the primary code only when the site of the burn is unspecified. It should be used as a supplementary code with categories T20-T25 when the site is specified.
Codes: = Billable
T31 Burns classified according to extent of body surface involved
- T31.0 Burns involving less than 10% of body surface
- T31.1 Burns involving 10-19% of body surface
- T31.2 Burns involving 20-29% of body surface
- T31.3 Burns involving 30-39% of body surface
- T31.4 Burns involving 40-49% of body surface
- T31.5 Burns involving 50-59% of body surface
- T31.6 Burns involving 60-69% of body surface
- T31.7 Burns involving 70-79% of body surface
- T31.8 Burns involving 80-89% of body surface
- T31.9 Burns involving 90% or more of body surface
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.