Foreign body in alimentary tract T18
- T18 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T18 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T18 - other international versions of ICD-10 T18 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes:
- foreign body in pharynx (T17.2-)
Codes: = Billable
T18 Foreign body in alimentary tract
- T18.0 Foreign body in mouth
- T18.1 Foreign body in esophagus
- T18.2 Foreign body in stomach
- T18.3 Foreign body in small intestine
- T18.4 Foreign body in colon
- T18.5 Foreign body in anus and rectum
- T18.8 Foreign body in other parts of alimentary tract
- T18.9 Foreign body of alimentary tract, part unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.