Fracture of lower leg, including ankle S82
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Fracture of lower leg, including ankle" is "S82". S82 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- S82 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S82 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S82 - other international versions of ICD-10 S82 may differ.
- A fracture not indicated as displaced or nondisplaced should be coded to displaced
- A fracture not indicated as open or closed should be coded to closed
- The open fracture designations are based on the Gustilo open fracture classification
- traumatic amputation of lower leg (S88.-)
- fracture of foot, except ankle (S92.-)
- periprosthetic fracture of prosthetic implant of knee (M97.0-)
- fracture of malleolus
Codes: = Billable
S82 Fracture of lower leg, including ankle
- S82.0 Fracture of patella
- S82.1 Fracture of upper end of tibia
- S82.2 Fracture of shaft of tibia
- S82.3 Fracture of lower end of tibia
- S82.4 Fracture of shaft of fibula
- S82.5 Fracture of medial malleolus
- S82.6 Fracture of lateral malleolus
- S82.8 Other fractures of lower leg
- S82.9 Unspecified fracture of lower leg
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.