Injury of nerves and spinal cord at thorax level S24
- S24 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S24 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S24 - other international versions of ICD-10 S24 may differ.
- Code to highest level of thoracic spinal cord injury
- Injuries to the spinal cord (S24.0 and S24.1) refer to the cord level and not bone level injury, and can affect nerve roots at and below the level given.
- any associated:
- fracture of thoracic vertebra (S22.0-)
- open wound of thorax (S21.-)
- transient paralysis (R29.5)
- injury of brachial plexus (S14.3)
Codes: = Billable
S24 Injury of nerves and spinal cord at thorax level
- S24.0 Concussion and edema of thoracic spinal cord
- S24.1 Other and unspecified injuries of thoracic spinal cord
- S24.2 Injury of nerve root of thoracic spine
- S24.3 Injury of peripheral nerves of thorax
- S24.4 Injury of thoracic sympathetic nervous system
- S24.8 Injury of other specified nerves of thorax
- S24.9 Injury of unspecified nerve of thorax
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.