Dislocation and sprain of joints and ligaments of thorax S23
- S23 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S23 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S23 - other international versions of ICD-10 S23 may differ.
- any associated open wound
- dislocation, sprain of sternoclavicular joint (S43.2, S43.6)
- strain of muscle or tendon of thorax (S29.01-)
- avulsion of joint or ligament of thorax
- laceration of cartilage, joint or ligament of thorax
- sprain of cartilage, joint or ligament of thorax
- traumatic hemarthrosis of joint or ligament of thorax
- traumatic rupture of joint or ligament of thorax
- traumatic subluxation of joint or ligament of thorax
- traumatic tear of joint or ligament of thorax
Codes: = Billable
S23 Dislocation and sprain of joints and ligaments of thorax
- S23.0 Traumatic rupture of thoracic intervertebral disc
- S23.1 Subluxation and dislocation of thoracic vertebra
- S23.2 Dislocation of other and unspecified parts of thorax
- S23.3 Sprain of ligaments of thoracic spine
- S23.4 Sprain of ribs and sternum
- S23.8 Sprain of other specified parts of thorax
- S23.9 Sprain of unspecified parts of thorax
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.