Fracture of rib(s), sternum and thoracic spine S22
- S22 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S22 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S22 - other international versions of ICD-10 S22 may differ.
- A fracture not indicated as displaced or nondisplaced should be coded to displaced
- A fracture not indicated as open or closed should be coded to closed
- transection of thorax (S28.1)
- fracture of thoracic neural arch
- fracture of thoracic spinous process
- fracture of thoracic transverse process
- fracture of thoracic vertebra
- fracture of thoracic vertebral arch
Codes: = Billable
- S22 Fracture of rib(s), sternum and thoracic spine
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.