Intracranial injury S06
- S06 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S06 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S06 - other international versions of ICD-10 S06 may differ.
- 7th characters D and S do not apply to codes in category S06 with 6th character 7 - death due to brain injury prior to regaining consciousness, or 8 - death due to other cause prior to regaining consciousness.
- head injury NOS (S09.90)
- traumatic brain injury
Codes: = Billable
S06 Intracranial injury
- S06.0 Concussion
- S06.1 Traumatic cerebral edema
- S06.2 Diffuse traumatic brain injury
- S06.3 Focal traumatic brain injury
- S06.4 Epidural hemorrhage
- S06.5 Traumatic subdural hemorrhage
- S06.6 Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage
- S06.8 Other specified intracranial injuries
- S06.9 Unspecified intracranial injury
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.