Injury of eye and orbit S05
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Injury of eye and orbit" is "S05". S05 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- S05 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S05 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S05 - other international versions of ICD-10 S05 may differ.
- 2nd cranial [optic] nerve injury (S04.0-)
- 3rd cranial [oculomotor] nerve injury (S04.1-)
- open wound of eyelid and periocular area (S01.1-)
- orbital bone fracture (S02.1-, S02.3-, S02.8-)
- superficial injury of eyelid (S00.1-S00.2)
- open wound of eye and orbit
Codes: = Billable
S05 Injury of eye and orbit
- S05.0 Injury of conjunctiva and corneal abrasion without foreign body
- S05.1 Contusion of eyeball and orbital tissues
- S05.2 Ocular laceration and rupture with prolapse or loss of intraocular tissue
- S05.3 Ocular laceration without prolapse or loss of intraocular tissue
- S05.4 Penetrating wound of orbit with or without foreign body
- S05.5 Penetrating wound with foreign body of eyeball
- S05.6 Penetrating wound without foreign body of eyeball
- S05.7 Avulsion of eye
- S05.8 Other injuries of eye and orbit
- S05.9 Unspecified injury of eye and orbit
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.