Findings of drugs and other substances, not normally found in blood R78
- R78 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM R78 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of R78 - other international versions of ICD-10 R78 may differ.
- code to identify the any retained foreign body, if applicable (Z18.-)
- mental or behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance use (F10-F19)
Codes: = Billable
R78 Findings of drugs and other substances, not normally found in blood
- R78.0 Finding of alcohol in blood
- R78.1 Finding of opiate drug in blood
- R78.2 Finding of cocaine in blood
- R78.3 Finding of hallucinogen in blood
- R78.4 Finding of other drugs of addictive potential in blood
- R78.5 Finding of other psychotropic drug in blood
- R78.6 Finding of steroid agent in blood
- R78.7 Finding of abnormal level of heavy metals in blood
- R78.8 Finding of other specified substances, not normally found in blood
- R78.9 Finding of unspecified substance, not normally found in blood
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.