- R18 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM R18 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of R18 - other international versions of ICD-10 R18 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- ascites in alcoholic cirrhosis (K70.31)
- ascites in alcoholic hepatitis (K70.11)
- ascites in toxic liver disease with chronic active hepatitis (K71.51)
- fluid in peritoneal cavity
Codes: = Billable
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.