Elevated blood-pressure reading, without diagnosis of hypertension R03.0
- R03.0 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM R03.0 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of R03.0 - other international versions of ICD-10 R03.0 may differ.
- This category is to be used to record an episode of elevated blood pressure in a patient in whom no formal diagnosis of hypertension has been made, or as an isolated incidental finding.
Codes: = Billable
R03 Abnormal blood-pressure reading, without diagnosis
- R03.0 Elevated blood-pressure reading, without diagnosis of hypertension
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.