Congenital hiatus hernia Q40.1
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Congenital hiatus hernia" is "Q40.1". Q40.1 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- Q40.1 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Q40.1 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q40.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q40.1 may differ.
- Congenital displacement of cardia through esophageal hiatus
- congenital diaphragmatic hernia (Q79.0)
Codes: = Billable
Q40 Other congenital malformations of upper alimentary tract
- Q40.1 Congenital hiatus hernia
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.