- Q01 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Q01 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q01 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q01 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- Meckel-Gruber syndrome (Q61.9)
- Arnold-Chiari syndrome, type III
- hydromeningocele, cranial
- meningocele, cerebral
Codes: = Billable
- Q01 Encephalocele
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.