Bacterial sepsis of newborn P36
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Bacterial sepsis of newborn" is "P36". P36 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- P36 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM P36 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of P36 - other international versions of ICD-10 P36 may differ.
- code(s), if applicable, to identify severe sepsis (R65.2-) and associated acute organ dysfunction(s)
- congenital sepsis
Codes: = Billable
P36 Bacterial sepsis of newborn
- P36.0 Sepsis of newborn due to streptococcus, group B
- P36.1 Sepsis of newborn due to other and unspecified streptococci
- P36.2 Sepsis of newborn due to Staphylococcus aureus
- P36.3 Sepsis of newborn due to other and unspecified staphylococci
- P36.4 Sepsis of newborn due to Escherichia coli
- P36.5 Sepsis of newborn due to anaerobes
- P36.8 Other bacterial sepsis of newborn
- P36.9 Bacterial sepsis of newborn, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.