Other respiratory conditions originating in the perinatal period P28
- P28 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM P28 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of P28 - other international versions of ICD-10 P28 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- congenital malformations of the respiratory system (Q30-Q34)
Codes: = Billable
P28 Other respiratory conditions originating in the perinatal period
- P28.0 Primary atelectasis of newborn
- P28.1 Other and unspecified atelectasis of newborn
- P28.2 Cyanotic attacks of newborn
- P28.3 Primary sleep apnea of newborn
- P28.4 Other apnea of newborn
- P28.5 Respiratory failure of newborn
- P28.8 Other specified respiratory conditions of newborn
- P28.9 Respiratory condition of newborn, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.