Birth injury to scalp P12
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Birth injury to scalp" is "P12". P12 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- P12 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM P12 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of P12 - other international versions of ICD-10 P12 may differ.
Codes: = Billable
P12 Birth injury to scalp
- P12.0 Cephalhematoma due to birth injury
- P12.1 Chignon (from vacuum extraction) due to birth injury
- P12.2 Epicranial subaponeurotic hemorrhage due to birth injury
- P12.3 Bruising of scalp due to birth injury
- P12.4 Injury of scalp of newborn due to monitoring equipment
- P12.8 Other birth injuries to scalp
- P12.9 Birth injury to scalp, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.