Newborn affected by maternal anesthesia and analgesia in pregnancy, labor and delivery P04.0
- P04.0 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM P04.0 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of P04.0 - other international versions of ICD-10 P04.0 may differ.
- Newborn affected by reactions and intoxications from maternal opiates and tranquilizers administered for procedures during pregnancy or labor and delivery
- newborn affected by other maternal medication (P04.1-)
Codes: = Billable
P04 Newborn affected by noxious substances transmitted via placenta or breast milk
- P04.0 Newborn affected by maternal anesthesia and analgesia in pregnancy, labor and delivery
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.