Puerperal sepsis O85
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Puerperal sepsis" is "O85". O85 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- O85 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM O85 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O85 - other international versions of ICD-10 O85 may differ.
- Postpartum sepsis
- Puerperal peritonitis
- Puerperal pyemia
- code (B95-B97), to identify infectious agent
- fever of unknown origin following delivery (O86.4)
- genital tract infection following delivery (O86.1-)
- obstetric pyemic and septic embolism (O88.3-)
- puerperal septic thrombophlebitis (O86.81)
- urinary tract infection following delivery (O86.2-)
- sepsis during labor (O75.3)
Codes: = Billable
O85 Puerperal sepsis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.