Nodular prostate with lower urinary tract symptoms N40.3
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Nodular prostate with lower urinary tract symptoms" is "N40.3". N40.3 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- N40.3 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM N40.3 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of N40.3 - other international versions of ICD-10 N40.3 may differ.
- code for associated symptoms, when specified:
- incomplete bladder emptying (R39.14)
- nocturia (R35.1)
- straining on urination (R39.16)
- urinary frequency (R35.0)
- urinary hesitancy (R39.11)
- urinary incontinence (N39.4-)
- urinary obstruction (N13.8)
- urinary retention (R33.8)
- urinary urgency (R39.15)
- weak urinary stream (R39.12)
Codes: = Billable
N40 Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- N40.3 Nodular prostate with lower urinary tract symptoms
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.