End stage renal disease N18.6
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "End stage renal disease" is "N18.6". N18.6 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- N18.6 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM N18.6 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of N18.6 - other international versions of ICD-10 N18.6 may differ.
- Chronic kidney disease requiring chronic dialysis
- code to identify dialysis status (Z99.2)
Codes: = Billable
N18 Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- N18.6 End stage renal disease
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.