Acute kidney failure, unspecified N17.9
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Acute kidney failure, unspecified" is "N17.9". N17.9 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- N17.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM N17.9 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of N17.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 N17.9 may differ.
- Acute kidney injury (nontraumatic)
- traumatic kidney injury (S37.0-)
Codes: = Billable
N17 Acute kidney failure
- N17.9 Acute kidney failure, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.