Pressure ulcer L89
- L89 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM L89 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of L89 - other international versions of ICD-10 L89 may differ.
- any associated gangrene (I96)
- decubitus (trophic) ulcer of cervix (uteri) (N86)
- diabetic ulcers (E08.621, E08.622, E09.621, E09.622, E10.621, E10.622, E11.621, E11.622, E13.621, E13.622)
- non-pressure chronic ulcer of skin (L97.-)
- skin infections (L00-L08)
- varicose ulcer (I83.0, I83.2)
- bed sore
- decubitus ulcer
- plaster ulcer
- pressure area
- pressure sore
Codes: = Billable
L89 Pressure ulcer
- L89.0 Pressure ulcer of elbow
- L89.1 Pressure ulcer of back
- L89.2 Pressure ulcer of hip
- L89.3 Pressure ulcer of buttock
- L89.4 Pressure ulcer of contiguous site of back, buttock and hip
- L89.5 Pressure ulcer of ankle
- L89.6 Pressure ulcer of heel
- L89.8 Pressure ulcer of other site
- L89.9 Pressure ulcer of unspecified site
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.