- K81 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM K81 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of K81 - other international versions of ICD-10 K81 may differ.
- code if applicable for associated gangrene of gallbladder (K82.A1), or perforation of gallbladder (K82.A2)
- cholecystitis with cholelithiasis (K80.-)
Codes: = Billable
- K81 Cholecystitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.