- K65 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM K65 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of K65 - other international versions of ICD-10 K65 may differ.
- if applicable diverticular disease of intestine (K57.-)
- code (B95-B97), to identify infectious agent, if known
- acute appendicitis with generalized peritonitis (K35.2-)
- aseptic peritonitis (T81.6)
- benign paroxysmal peritonitis (E85.0)
- chemical peritonitis (T81.6)
- gonococcal peritonitis (A54.85)
- neonatal peritonitis (P78.0-P78.1)
- pelvic peritonitis, female (N73.3-N73.5)
- periodic familial peritonitis (E85.0)
- peritonitis due to talc or other foreign substance (T81.6)
- peritonitis in chlamydia (A74.81)
- peritonitis in diphtheria (A36.89)
- peritonitis in syphilis (late) (A52.74)
- peritonitis in tuberculosis (A18.31)
- peritonitis with or following abortion or ectopic or molar pregnancy (O00-O07, O08.0)
- peritonitis with or following appendicitis (K35.-)
- puerperal peritonitis (O85)
- retroperitoneal infections (K68.-)
Codes: = Billable
- K65 Peritonitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.