Toxic gastroenteritis and colitis K52.1
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Toxic gastroenteritis and colitis" is "K52.1". K52.1 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- K52.1 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM K52.1 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of K52.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 K52.1 may differ.
- Drug-induced gastroenteritis and colitis
- code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug (T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
- (T51-T65) to identify toxic agent
Codes: = Billable
K52 Other and unspecified noninfective gastroenteritis and colitis
- K52.1 Toxic gastroenteritis and colitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.