Inguinal hernia K40
- K40 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM K40 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of K40 - other international versions of ICD-10 K40 may differ.
- direct inguinal hernia
- double inguinal hernia
- indirect inguinal hernia
- inguinal hernia NOS
- oblique inguinal hernia
- scrotal hernia
Codes: = Billable
K40 Inguinal hernia
- K40.0 Bilateral inguinal hernia, with obstruction, without gangrene
- K40.1 Bilateral inguinal hernia, with gangrene
- K40.2 Bilateral inguinal hernia, without obstruction or gangrene
- K40.3 Unilateral inguinal hernia, with obstruction, without gangrene
- K40.4 Unilateral inguinal hernia, with gangrene
- K40.9 Unilateral inguinal hernia, without obstruction or gangrene
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.