Other chronic obstructive pulmonary disease J44
- J44 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J44 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J44 - other international versions of ICD-10 J44 may differ.
- type of asthma, if applicable (J45.-)
- code to identify:
- exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z77.22)
- history of tobacco dependence (Z87.891)
- occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z57.31)
- tobacco dependence (F17.-)
- tobacco use (Z72.0)
- bronchiectasis (J47.-)
- chronic bronchitis NOS (J42)
- chronic simple and mucopurulent bronchitis (J41.-)
- chronic tracheitis (J42)
- chronic tracheobronchitis (J42)
- emphysema without chronic bronchitis (J43.-)
- asthma with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- chronic asthmatic (obstructive) bronchitis
- chronic bronchitis with airways obstruction
- chronic bronchitis with emphysema
- chronic emphysematous bronchitis
- chronic obstructive asthma
- chronic obstructive bronchitis
- chronic obstructive tracheobronchitis
Codes: = Billable
- J44 Other chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.