Unspecified chronic bronchitis J42
- J42 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J42 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J42 - other international versions of ICD-10 J42 may differ.
- Chronic bronchitis NOS
- Chronic tracheitis
- Chronic tracheobronchitis
- code to identify:
- exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z77.22)
- exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period (P96.81)
- history of tobacco dependence (Z87.891)
- occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z57.31)
- tobacco dependence (F17.-)
- tobacco use (Z72.0)
Codes: = Billable
J42 Unspecified chronic bronchitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.