Bronchitis, not specified as acute or chronic J40
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Bronchitis, not specified as acute or chronic" is "J40". J40 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- J40 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J40 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J40 - other international versions of ICD-10 J40 may differ.
- Bronchitis NOS
- Bronchitis with tracheitis NOS
- Catarrhal bronchitis
- Tracheobronchitis NOS
- code to identify:
- exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z77.22)
- exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period (P96.81)
- history of tobacco dependence (Z87.891)
- occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z57.31)
- tobacco dependence (F17.-)
- tobacco use (Z72.0)
Codes: = Billable
J40 Bronchitis, not specified as acute or chronic
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.