Chronic pharyngitis J31.2
- J31.2 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J31.2 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J31.2 - other international versions of ICD-10 J31.2 may differ.
- Chronic sore throat
- Atrophic pharyngitis (chronic)
- Granular pharyngitis (chronic)
- Hypertrophic pharyngitis (chronic)
- acute pharyngitis (J02.9)
Codes: = Billable
J31 Chronic rhinitis, nasopharyngitis and pharyngitis
- J31.2 Chronic pharyngitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.