Acute bronchitis J20
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Acute bronchitis" is "J20". J20 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- J20 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J20 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J20 - other international versions of ICD-10 J20 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes: Type 2 Excludes:
- acute bronchitis with bronchiectasis (J47.0)
- acute bronchitis with chronic obstructive asthma (J44.0)
- acute bronchitis with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (J44.0)
- allergic bronchitis NOS (J45.909-)
- bronchitis due to chemicals, fumes and vapors (J68.0)
- chronic bronchitis NOS (J42)
- chronic mucopurulent bronchitis (J41.1)
- chronic obstructive bronchitis (J44.-)
- chronic obstructive tracheobronchitis (J44.-)
- chronic simple bronchitis (J41.0)
- chronic tracheobronchitis (J42)
- acute and subacute bronchitis (with) bronchospasm
- acute and subacute bronchitis (with) tracheitis
- acute and subacute bronchitis (with) tracheobronchitis, acute
- acute and subacute fibrinous bronchitis
- acute and subacute membranous bronchitis
- acute and subacute purulent bronchitis
- acute and subacute septic bronchitis
Codes: = Billable
J20 Acute bronchitis
- J20.0 Acute bronchitis due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- J20.1 Acute bronchitis due to Hemophilus influenzae
- J20.2 Acute bronchitis due to streptococcus
- J20.3 Acute bronchitis due to coxsackievirus
- J20.4 Acute bronchitis due to parainfluenza virus
- J20.5 Acute bronchitis due to respiratory syncytial virus
- J20.6 Acute bronchitis due to rhinovirus
- J20.7 Acute bronchitis due to echovirus
- J20.8 Acute bronchitis due to other specified organisms
- J20.9 Acute bronchitis, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.