Pneumonia, unspecified organism J18
- J18 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J18 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J18 - other international versions of ICD-10 J18 may differ.
Code First: Type 1 Excludes:
- abscess of lung with pneumonia (J85.1)
- aspiration pneumonia due to anesthesia during labor and delivery (O74.0)
- aspiration pneumonia due to anesthesia during pregnancy (O29)
- aspiration pneumonia due to anesthesia during puerperium (O89.0)
- aspiration pneumonia due to solids and liquids (J69.-)
- aspiration pneumonia NOS (J69.0)
- congenital pneumonia (P23.0)
- drug-induced interstitial lung disorder (J70.2-J70.4)
- interstitial pneumonia NOS (J84.9)
- lipid pneumonia (J69.1)
- neonatal aspiration pneumonia (P24.-)
- pneumonitis due to external agents (J67-J70)
- pneumonitis due to fumes and vapors (J68.0)
- usual interstitial pneumonia (J84.17)
Codes: = Billable
- J18 Pneumonia, unspecified organism
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.