Pneumonia in diseases classified elsewhere J17
- J17 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J17 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J17 - other international versions of ICD-10 J17 may differ.
Code First: Type 1 Excludes:
- candidial pneumonia (B37.1)
- chlamydial pneumonia (J16.0)
- gonorrheal pneumonia (A54.84)
- histoplasmosis pneumonia (B39.0-B39.2)
- measles pneumonia (B05.2)
- nocardiosis pneumonia (A43.0)
- pneumocystosis (B59)
- pneumonia due to Pneumocystis carinii (B59)
- pneumonia due to Pneumocystis jiroveci (B59)
- pneumonia in actinomycosis (A42.0)
- pneumonia in anthrax (A22.1)
- pneumonia in ascariasis (B77.81)
- pneumonia in aspergillosis (B44.0-B44.1)
- pneumonia in coccidioidomycosis (B38.0-B38.2)
- pneumonia in cytomegalovirus disease (B25.0)
- pneumonia in toxoplasmosis (B58.3)
- rubella pneumonia (B06.81)
- salmonella pneumonia (A02.22)
- spirochetal infection NEC with pneumonia (A69.8)
- tularemia pneumonia (A21.2)
- typhoid fever with pneumonia (A01.03)
- varicella pneumonia (B01.2)
- whooping cough with pneumonia (A37 with fifth-character 1)
Codes: = Billable
J17 Pneumonia in diseases classified elsewhere
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.