Bacterial pneumonia, not elsewhere classified J15
- J15 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J15 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J15 - other international versions of ICD-10 J15 may differ.
- associated abscess, if applicable (J85.1)
- chlamydial pneumonia (J16.0)
- congenital pneumonia (P23.-)
- Legionnaires' disease (A48.1)
- spirochetal pneumonia (A69.8)
- bronchopneumonia due to bacteria other than S. pneumoniae and H. influenzae
Codes: = Billable
J15 Bacterial pneumonia, not elsewhere classified
- J15.0 Pneumonia due to Klebsiella pneumoniae
- J15.1 Pneumonia due to Pseudomonas
- J15.2 Pneumonia due to staphylococcus
- J15.3 Pneumonia due to streptococcus, group B
- J15.4 Pneumonia due to other streptococci
- J15.5 Pneumonia due to Escherichia coli
- J15.6 Pneumonia due to other Gram-negative bacteria
- J15.7 Pneumonia due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- J15.8 Pneumonia due to other specified bacteria
- J15.9 Unspecified bacterial pneumonia
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.